About TMC News
Welcome to Texas Medical Center News, the official, award-winning newspaper of the world’s largest medical center located in Houston, Texas. Texas Medical Center News is the only place readers can go to search news, events and announcements taking place at all 54 Texas Medical Center institutions. One newspaper, harnessing the collective energy of 54 hospitals, medical schools, research institutes, and other member institutions of the world-famous Texas Medical Center.
Texas Medical Center News publishes the latest clinical, research and educational news from the 54 member institutions of the Texas Medical Center, thereby promoting collaboration among TMC institutions and supporting their efforts to provide the highest level of patient care, research and education.
The newspaper is distributed:
- To 40,000 hard-copy readers and more than 13,660 online readers
- The 1st and 15th of each month (with the exception of Jan. 1)
- On newsstands located throughout Houston’s medical center community
- Free of charge
Each year, TMC News wins professional journalism awards from prestigious organizations including:
- Houston Press Club (Lone Star Award)
- Harris County Medical Society (Francis C. Moore, M.D., Medical Journalism Award)
- Public Relations Society of America (Excalibur Award)
- American Heart Association (Paul R. Ellis Media Award)
- International Association of Business Communicators (Bronze Quill Award)